IUBio

codonproference problem

Frank Wright mbfw at s-crim1.dl.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 09:01:36 EST 1993

In answer to my problem with viewing codonpreference plots
from the analysis of long sequences - the plots (plotted in
an X-window using the X-windows plotting option from the
gcgnav menu, on a SUN Unix m/c) were incomplete....

Michael Hogan (GCG) e-mailed me to say it was a buffer
problem and that I could get round it by reducing the
plotting density to about 1000 bp/cm and thus spread the
original plot over several plots.

Plotting to a postscript file is unaffected however
and a single plot can be produced this way (and viewed
by software for drawing postscript files in an X-window
e.g. ghostscript - this was not as pretty as the GCG
plot but was okay).

Thanks also to Jasper Rees for suggestions.

Frank Wright
SASS, University of Edinburgh,
Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K.

frank @ sass.sari.ac.uk