Thyroxin - Iodine sources?

River Mouse riverthemouse at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 12 18:51:17 EST 1999

Fish and iodine fortified table salt are often cited as common sources of
iodine, which is required by the thyroid in the synthesis of thyroxin in
order to regulate the metabolic rate. As a vegan, I don't eat fish.
Additionally I don't season with salt out of personal preference.

What foods contain extra iodine?

I'm upping my cardiovascular workouts, and I'm concerned about being able to
maintain endurance / keeping my metabolism going.

Thanks :)