Glycosyltransferase guide - mirror sites

Iain Wilson WILSON at edv1.boku.ac.at
Mon May 27 10:06:17 EST 1996

Dear Glyconetters,

A new mirror for the 'Guide to Cloned Glycosyltransferases' is now
on-line in Australia at:

http://max.vcp.monash.edu.au/TGN/Iain_Wilson/glycosyltransferase.html

This is in addition to the main site at:
http://bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk/people/iain/glycosyltransferase.html

and the US mirror at:
http://wolf.gsu.edu/TGN/Iain_Wilson/glycosyltransferase.html

The guide has now been further split into different files for each
category of enzyme: So there's a galnac.htm for
N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferases, fuc.htm for fucosyltransferases,
etc, etc.

The links in the files at all three sites are still to EBI or Expasy
in Europe, but if you're in the Americas you may wish to use the NCBI
server for retrieving database entries, so you can use URL's of the type
(substituting the actual accession number available in the guide for
Z99999 - note these databases are sometimes case-sensitive):

for Genbank:
http://www2.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/birx_by_acc?genbank+Z99999
for Swissprot:
http://www2.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/birx_by_acc?swiss+Z99999

and if in Japan, you can use URL's of the type:
for Genbank: http://www.genome.ad.jp/htbin/bget_genbank?Z99999
for Swissprot: http://www.genome.ad.jp/htbin/bget_swissprot?Z99999

Potentially Swissprot and EC links to the expasy server at Geneva
will lapse on 1. July due to funding problems for that server; if
this indeed happens, updated versions of the files will be made ...
when I have time. Again, if I have time I may prepare versions that
link to NCBI and to the Japanese genome site ... the main problem
being verifying that the links work takes time ... or perhaps some
interested party may wish to help with this?

Iain

PS: I admit to having not corrected the spelling of an author's name
and date of publication for ceramide galactosyltransferase that was
pointed out to me by one correspondent - I will try to remember next
time! Any mistakes or additions or suggestions are welcome!
Iain Wilson                       Institut fuer Chemie
Tel: +43-1-47654-6065             Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Fax: +43-1-310-5176               Gregor-Mendel-Strasse 33
E-mail: wilson at edv1.boku.ac.at    A-1180, WIEN, Austria
http://www.boku.ac.at/chemie/bc1/staff/iw/iw.html