Recent Vitamin C discussion

Iain Wilson WILSON at edv1.boku.ac.at
Wed May 8 09:35:43 EST 1996

Dear Glyconetters,
  I have noted this morning that about five posts were received by
the newsgroup on the subject of theories on vitamin C. I think that
unless this discussion is about the N-glycans of ascorbic acid
oxidase or about some as yet unknown effects of ascorbic acid on
glycoprotein structure or function, then this discussion is not
really within the charter of the bionet.glycosci newsgroup. Since
these posts appear to have been widely cross-posted, I have written
(in my capacity of co-discussion leader of this newsgroup) to those
who have posted on the vitamin C subject requesting that they do not
cross-post to bionet.glycosci unless the material is relevant to the
aims of the newsgroup. I have seen other newsgroups innundated with
other not-directly-relevant posts and wouldn't wish to put people off
this newsgroup by having too many irrelevant posts here on
bionet.glycosci. I hope my action meets with the approval of the
regular readers of this newsgroup. Other extraneous posts have
appeared on the newsgroup, but if the frequency becomes too high
compared to the genuine glycoscience questions or discussion then we
can opt for some form of moderation to screen posts.

  Best regards to all,

  Iain
  co-discussion leader glycosci newsgroup
Iain Wilson                       Institut fuer Chemie
Tel: +43-1-47654-6065             Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
Fax: +43-1-310-5176               Gregor-Mendel-Strasse 33
E-mail: wilson at edv1.boku.ac.at    A-1180, WIEN, Austria
http://www.boku.ac.at/chemie/bc1/staff/iw/iw.html