PAULING, SZENT-GYORGYI, VITAMIN C AND ME

Bert Gold bgold at itsa.ucsf.edu
Tue May 7 14:25:43 EST 1996

I agree with Mr. Wagner when he suggests that Mr. Kuslich
has not properly sorted the wheat from the chaff in the
scientific literature.

In addition, it is precisely the point that science has become
overly politicized which I was trying to make in writing my post.

In fact, regular readers of my essays will remember that the Woods
Hole meeting I proposed specifically excluded media and was wholly
aimed at gathering a fair and honest consensus from scientists before
presenting the results to the public.

However, the scientific ruling elite have chosen not to follow this
wise course, preferring noisy public debate and namecalling to
reasoned, well thought-out discourse.

Our leaders need to rethink their positions.

Bert Gold
San Francisco