Glycoday in Annapolis

Allen Bush bush at CHEM.UMBC.EDU
Tue May 7 16:37:50 EST 1996

GLYCODAY IV

The Glycobiology Interest Group will hold its annual celebration of
Glycobiology on May 28 at the Annapolis Holiday Inn, 210 Holiday Ct. (at
intersection of Riva Rd. & Forest Dr.).  We will have a full day of
outstanding speakers.  There is no registration fee, however, we do request
that interested parties preregister by May 21 in order to insure adequate
space and luncheon.  For information, please contact Diana Blithe, (301)
496-6437.  E-mail: blithed at cc1.nichd.nih.gov.

Program for Glycoday IV (May 28, 1996)

8:30-9:00 AM Registration and coffee.

  9:00    Introductory remarks

  9:10    Harry Schachter, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto

     Disturbances in complex N-glycan synthesis are not good for your
health.

  9:55    Sharon Krag, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore

     Defects in early steps of the lipid-linked glycosylation pathway in
Chinese hamster ovary cells.

10:40     coffee break

11:00     Tony Passaniti, National Institute of Aging, NIH

     The effects of the alpha-glucosidase inhibitor castanospermine on tumor
growth and angiogenesis in vivo."

11:45     Tim Block, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia

     Hepatitis B glycoprotein processing: a possible target for
therapeutics.

12:30     Lunch

 2:00     Vince Hascall, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland

     Chondroitin Sulfate Chain Termini on Aggrecan:   Structures, Immunology
and Age Changes.

 2:45     Mike Weitzhandler, Dionex, Sunnyvale

     Eliminating matrix interference in monosaccharide analysis.

 3:30     coffee break

 3:50     Rick Troy, University of California, Davis

     Sialobiology:  the polysialic acid glycotope.
for further information see:
  http://www.research.umbc.edu/~bush/glycoday.html
Glycoday Registration Form

Yes, I will attend the Glycoday IV meeting (May 28, 1996)
Name:____________________________________ Phone ____________
I will be driving.  ________            I need a ride. ____________
(Please indicate if you can give a ride)                            (Ride
not guaranteed by GIG)

Detach or copy this form and send to Diana Blithe, 10/10N262, NIH, Bethesda,
MD 20892 or FAX (301) 402-0574 or  E-mail: blithed at cc1.nichd.nih.gov
          R.S.V.P.  A.S.A.P.

C. Allen Bush, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. Maryland Baltimore County,
Baltimore, MD 21228.  e-mail: bush at umbc.edu or bush at umbc
phone: (410) 455-2506       fax: (410) 455-2608