peracetylation of sulphated and sialylated oligosaccharides

Niclas Karlsson niclas at mkms04.medkem.gu.se
Fri Nov 24 06:03:12 EST 1995

We are a group in Gothenburg/Sweden interested in
mucin oligosaccharides.  For the moment we are investigating the sulfated
oligosaccharides by mass spectrometry as peracetylated derivates, but we are a
little conspicius about what the deivatisation will do to oligosaccharide
species containing both sialic acid and sulfate.  We are using the procedure
with pyridine/acetic acid anhydride as reagents.  We are also interested in
adopting a permethylation procedure for the sulfated oligosaccharides both with
and without sialic acid, but procedure proposed by Ciucanu/Kerek have so far
proved unfruitful.

niclas.karlssom at medkem.gu.se
Niclas Karlsson
Medical Biochemistry