Usage of VITESSE

I. Fenton ifenton at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 11:25:45 EST 1997

hi people,

first of all thanks to all those who wrote to me with advice
and comments about vitesse - ta.

reading this newer vitesse thread, there is something that i
have noticed with regard to LINKAGE usage and that is that i
know some groups just quote one of the original LINKAGE references,
- say the PNAS one - when they are actually using FASTLINK,  becuase
that's the "famous" reference that everyone uses.  i have had
the occasional problem trying to get an fellow author to use
say, 3 references, when they only want one for the analysis
software methods section of a paper.  so, just because a
citations database says 50%+ people using original LINKAGE
only, don't expect that this figure is 100% genuine...

in the end i did use VITESSE for my multipoint stuff and
FASTLINK for 2-point stuff and will have to quote god-knows
how many references in the paper.

thanks,

Iain Fenton.