[Employment] Fwd: PhD Position -University of Würzburg, Germany-

Pamela Menegazzi via biojobs%40net.bio.net (by pamela.menegazzi from uni-wuerzburg.de)
Tue Sep 12 10:13:27 EST 2017

 PhD Student Position
 Neurobiology and Genetics, Würzburg, Germany
 http://www.neurogenetics.biozentrum.uni-wuerzburg.de/startseite/

 We offer a PhD position (36 Months, German salary scale TV-L E13 65%) to work on a project aimed at understanding
seasonal adaptation in Drosophila melanogaster.

 Starting date: January 2018

 Job description: The selected candidate will investigate the link between the circadian clock and the physiological
processes that it modulates, especially those that are affected by day length. We will use behavioral, molecular, and
histological approaches to understand whether 1) the master clock in the brain of the fly is necessary for proper
how clock mutants are impaired in their ability to interpret day length information.
 Requirements: The candidate is highly motivated and holds a master degree in Biology or related fields. He /She has a
good command of written/spoken English. We also value, but do not consider essential, prior experience in Drosophila
research, molecular biology, and/or bioinformatics.

 To apply send cover letter and CV (including contact details of two referees) via email to Dr. Pamela  Menegazzi
(pamela.menegazzi from uni-wuerzburg.de). Applications should be sent no later than November, 1st, 2011.