[Computational-biology] 2013 International Conference of Genomics Qingdao, China

Fengfeng Zhou via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by fengfengzhou from gmail.com)
Wed May 29 05:05:56 EST 2013

2013 International Conference of Genomics Qingdao, China
http://www.icgchina.org/
Venue:  Qingdao, China
Date:  October 28-30, 2013
Language:  Chinese/English

Genomics has entered a new era when its knowledge and tools are being
actively applied to a broad spectrum of research fields, including
medicine, agriculture, aquiculture, environment, and energy. The
high-throughput technologies employed in genomics studies and the massive
information thus generated lead to new conception and ambition, whereas
=93discovery-driven=94 or =93data-driven=94 studies co-exist with
=93hypothesis-driven=94 studies. Therefore, data sharing, idea exchange,
cross-field collaboration, and direct communication are all essential for
fast-pace research activities. With this in mind, Beijing Institute of
Genomics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), joining Genetics Society of
China and Ocean University of China, organizes the 3rd International
Conference of Genomics in 2013. We would like to invite the field=92s leadi=
ng
scientists in China and from other part of the world to come together and
to share their insights on the recent developments in genome science and
information as well as to discuss the challenges and future development in
this fast-advancing field.

Call for Speaking Opportunities
---
Aside from invited speakers, the Organizing Committee will also select
candidates from the submitted abstracts for podium presentations (20 min
per talk). The selected speakers will be offered a 30% discount off the
registration fee. In addition, some submissions will be selected for poster
presentation (presenters should be available during poster sessions).
Poster presenters receive a 10% discount off the registration fee. All
abstracts for the talks and posters will be collected and published in the
conference proceedings. Quality submissions will be published as a
conference special issue in the journal Genomics, Proteomics &
Bioinformatics.

Please submit your abstract (together with the passport-size photo of the
presenter) to:icg_2013 from big.ac.cn. Template for abstract is provided at
http://icgchina.org/page/html/72.php; please format your abstract
accordingly.

---
Fengfeng Zhou, Ph.D., Professor
Email: ff.zhou from siat.ac.cn
Email: FengfengZhou from gmail.com
Web: http://www.HealthInformaticsLab.org/
Research Center for Biomedical Information Technology,
Institute of Biomedical and Health Engineering,
Shenzhen Institutes of Advanced Technology,
Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Shenzhen, Guangdong, P.R. China, 518055.