[Computational-biology] Bench Science w/Computational science?

XeNO via comp-bio%40net.bio.net (by xeno6696 from nospam.never.cox.net)
Mon Jul 2 18:51:20 EST 2007

Are there any positions where someone can perform both of these tasks?  I'm
currently an undergrad in molecular biology and was interested in a
bioinformatics option for grad school, but I really do like bench science
and would like to be able to answer the full gamut of questions... whatever
strikes my fancy.  What I don't want is to essentially be stuck as a coder
for the rest of my life, if you catch my meaning.