GA and sequence comparison

David Jones jones at globin.bio.warwick.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 13:38:45 EST 1998

Proyecto Genoma (A.Maass) <genoma at dim.uchile.cl> wrote:
> Does anyone know about GA approaches to the problems of sequence
> comparison? I know there is some work on RNA folding, but I don't
> know about matching sequences, evolving paths, etc.

>  [ GA stands for Genetic Algorithms ]

> Thanks.

> /*andres*/

The following references are probably a good place to start:

SAGA - SEQUENCE ALIGNMENT BY GENETIC ALGORITHM
NOTREDAME_C, HIGGINS_DG
NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH, 1996, Vol.24, No.8, pp.1515-1524

RAGA:RNA sequence alignment by genetic algorithm
Notredame_C, OBrien_EA, Higgins_DG
NUCLEIC ACIDS RESEARCH, 1997, Vol.25, No.22, pp.4570-4580

This message was written, produced and executively directed by Dr David Jones
Address: Dept. of Biological       |   Email: jones at globin.bio.warwick.ac.uk
Sciences, University of Warwick,   |     Tel: +44 1203 523729
Coventry CV4 7AL, U.K.             |     Fax: +44 1203 523568