Hey PLEASE SOMEBODY ANWSER THIS!!!

Jim JDBarron at Mindspring.com
Sat Feb 27 11:28:53 EST 1999

Brookie624 wrote:

> ok I need to know the anwser to this..
> IN X AND Y CHROMOSOMES WHICH IS THE MALE AND WHICH IS THE FEMALE...???
>
> Thanx,
> Brooke
> P.S.  Please anwser I am confused

It depends on  the species!

In humans,  XX is a normal female and XY is a normal male, so the "Y" is
the "male" chromosome.  (That is, of course, a simplification!)

For other species,  the males have two sex chromosomes of the same type
and it is the female that has one different (birds, for example).

JDBarron at Mindspring.com