GENESCAN and 373A Seq Analysis on Mac LC 630

Rick Wilson rwilson at WATSON.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Feb 10 07:41:54 EST 1995

(original posting to:  biochrom at net.bio.net)

Alberto Catalano writes:

>We are having problems with the software when running it on a Macintosh
>LC 630. The gel images on the gel files are corrupted so that they look
>skewed. The raster images are skewed as if extra pixels are added to
>each scan line.
>
>The problem is specific to the LC 630 and not to other macs in our lab
>such as the IIci and the LC III.
>
>The files themselves are uncorrupted because when transferred back to
>the other macs they work fine.
>
>Has anyone else had similar problems on other types of macs? I've heard
>that Powermacs are a problem.

Yep.  We've seen the same thing with Quadra 630s and Power Macs.
According to Kevin Corcoran at ABI, this is specific to the video config.
of these computers.  Maybe Kevin can post a more detailed explanation.
(How about it, Kevin?)

Rick

Richard K. Wilson, Ph.D.
Genome Sequencing Center