pcr taq pfuu

MSLADE at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU MSLADE at RNA.BIO.MQ.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 2 19:50:19 EST 1995

We had a singular lack of success getting pfu polymerase to work on its
own.  As with most problems we have just used the technique that works
-taq. However, since trying pfu out, I have wondered whether the problem
could be the level of dNTPs.  Presumably a low level of dNTPs (100uM)
would bias the reaction towards the nuclease activity rather than the
polymerase.  Any comments?  or do I need to try higher amounts of dNTPs ?
  1mM?

Cheers, Martin Slade
Martin Slade,
School of Biological Sciences,