pcr taq pfuu

frog pennie at access3.digex.net
Thu Feb 2 08:14:12 EST 1995

On 1 Feb 1995 goldman%bchem.dnet at DXI.NIH.GOV wrote:

> The assumption is that taq falls off because the error it makes creates a
> mismatch stopping its forward movement. Once taq is of pfu comes on,
> repairs the damage and continues. Pfu is not highly proccessive, falls of
> 'by accident' and taq takes over again.
>
> ASHG

This is the explanation I expected, but what I dont understand is what's
to stop taq getting back on after the mistake-dropoff occurs (remember its
x100 the conc of pfu from original post) and proceding thus fixing the
error. When Taq is in such excess I would expect this reaction to be
favoured.

After all this is what happens in everyone's PCR reactions everyday.

Frog