Help Using GenomeNet (www.genome.ad.jp)

Zanaglen zanaglen at aol.com
Mon Mar 15 04:14:55 EST 2004

Hello folks.

I apologize if you find the below question to not be appropriate for this
forum.

(Can someone tell me what the "reg" in bionet.metabolic-reg stands for?)

Is there anyone here who might be able to help me understand a few things about
the GenomeNet website?

I have a couple questions such as this one:

Using the "Pathway" database (www.genome.ad.jp/kegg/pathway.html)...

When you view the "Homo Sapien" version of a Metabolic Pathway map (of the
Citrate Cycle, for instance), some of the enzymes are highlighted in green, and
others are not.  Does that mean the following?:

The enzymes that are highlighted in green are used in Homo Sapiens (in that
specific part of the pathway)
- and -
The enzymes that are not highlighted are not used in Homo Sapiens (that is, at
least in that specific part of the pathway)

I haven't been able to find any type of "help file" which would answer
questions such as these.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks much!

Best wishes,
Glen

P.S.  If replying to this e-mail, please be sure to drop me an e-mail at:
Z a n a g l e n @ a o l . c o m , (without the spaces), if you would be so
kind.