Looking for growth data from mammalian cellines.

Rolf Marteijn rolf.marteijn at algemeen.pk.wau.nl
Tue Jul 20 08:03:47 EST 1999

Klaus Throm wrote:

> For the evaluation of a simulation program which is in development in
> the department of Biotechnology, TU-Berlin, I need to know data from the
> growth of mammalian cells. Who knows literature with the full set of all
> relevant growth data like substrata, products, biomass etc. from
> cellines, hopefully well described in respect of cultivation in
> different media and under different circumstances.
There are two recent thesis that contain these data.
Dick Bonarius and Nienke Vriezen
Most (if not all) of the research is published. Look for example to
Vriezen , Romein and van Dijken (1997) in Biotech & Bioengineering
(submitted at that time, published in 97)
Bonarius, Hatzimanikatis, Meesters, de Gooijer, Schmid and Tramper,
Biotech.Bioengineering, 50:299-318 (1996)
and others.

> Are there existing webpages with the growth kinetic data available?
> The search direct at the collection sites of ATCC and DSM were not
> sufficient yet.
When you find some of these, please let me know!

> Even some lab-interne datas of cell growth would help me!
Yeah sure, but we'll publish that first ;-)

Hope this helps,

Rolf Marteijn

Rolf Marteijn, MSc
Department of Food Technology and Nutritional Sciences
Division of Food and Bioprocess Engineering
Animal Cell Culture Group
Wageningen Agricultural Univerisity
phone: ++31 317 483435 or 482884
fax:   ++31 317 482237
mail:  Rolf.Marteijn at algemeen.pk.wau.nl
postal:PObox 8129 6700 EV  Wageningen The Netherlands
visit: Biotechnion, Bomenweg 2 Wageningen, room 615