Chelation theropy

mzemel mzemel at martha
Wed Jul 5 12:09:25 EST 1995

Chelation therapy is an unproven approach based on the notion that EDTA
will chelate and solubilize the calcium component of atherosclerotic
plaques and promote their removal.  I has not proven effective in the few
clinical trials that have been conducted (most recent was conducted in
New Zealand and published in the September 1994 issue of Circulation; I
don't have the exact citation handy).  -Michael Zemel