RJ Jackson program

Paul Schlosser SCHLOSSER at ciit.org
Mon Feb 28 08:38:53 EST 1994

Herbert asked me a few questions about the program; I'll answer them here.
I'm pretty sure that it runs on DOS (IBM/clones).

There's nothing wrong with calculating FCCs numerically, I do it all the time.
I use a brute force [flux(param + d) - flux(param - d)]*param/(flux*d), and
make sure that the result is not changed by an order of magnitude decrease in
d.  When I check this against matrix methods (with the elasticities calculated
in the same way :-) ) the results are identical.  I mentioned this in case
there was a preferance for matrix methods.

OK, I'll contact Dr. Jackson in the near future to ask about the program & if
we can obtain some copies.  Also documentation/refs.

Paul