Jackson and Simulation

Herbert M. Sauro herb at bms.brookes.ac.uk
Fri Feb 25 18:55:09 EST 1994

RC Jackson is a name I remember from the past. Last time I came across
his name was in the early 80s. Wrote some large models of anticancer
drug interactions, about 37 odes. If I remember right, he was a real
believer in the rate limiting step. Interesting to now hear that he is
computing FCCs 'etc'. Would be interesting to hear more about his
simulation program, what does it run on etc. By the way, what's wrong
with computing FCCs by numerical differentiation? One can get really
accurate estimates using a 5 point formula. Matrix evaluation of
FCCs is also accurate (assuming your elasticities are accurate) but
far less flexible than straight numerical differentiation.

Herbert Sauro