postdoctoral position - hematotoxicity

Paul Schlosser SCHLOSSER at ciit.org
Tue Feb 22 09:46:23 EST 1994

Re: postdoctoral scientist in hematotoxicity (see below for description.)

Applicants should contact CIIT by the second week in March.

If there are any questions about the position, or the research program at
CIIT, please e-mail to me directly, or call me at (919) 541-2070, ext. 243.

If you are sending us a resume by snail-mail or FAX, I'd also appreciate
knowing that you found the ad on the net, so I'll have some idea of how
much response I'm getting.

Paul Schlosser
CIIT
PO Box 12137
RTP, NC  27709
USA

schlosser at beta.ciit.org

                         POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST
                             HEMATOTOXICITY

The Chemical Industry Institute of Toxicology, CIIT, is an independent,
not-for-profit research corporation.  Our mission is to improve the
scientific basis for understanding and assessing the potential adverse
effects of chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and consumer products on human
health.  We are currently seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to study
biochemical mechanisms of chemically induced toxicity and carcinogenicity.

The successful candidate will develop hematopoietic cell cultures in a
novel, hollow-fiber bio-reactor, and will study the effects of toxic
metabolites on this system.  The research aims to identify either indivi-
dual or combinations of metabolites which are responsible for observed
hematotoxicity in vivo in animals, and to compare cultures from animals
and humans.  The position requires a recent Ph.D. in Cellular Biology,
Toxicology, Pharmacology, Biochemical Engineering, or related disciplines.
Candidates with experience or background in the modeling and analysis of
metabolism (with diffusional limitations) or in molecular biology are
encouraged.  Experience in mammalian cell culture, particularly with
hematopoietic systems, is a strong advantage.

CIIT is located in Research Triangle Park, NC, which offers many cultural
and recreational activities as well as access to 3 major universities.  We
offer competitive salary and benefits and a stimulating, interdisciplinary
work environment.  Interested applicants should submit a curriculum vitae
and the names of 3 professional references, representative reprints, and a
summary of research interests to:  Human Resources Manager, CIIT, P.O. Box
12137, Research Triangle Park, NC  27709, USA.

           CIIT is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/H/V)