1994 BTK meeting

Pedro Mendes prm at aber.ac.uk
Thu Feb 3 13:57:15 EST 1994

Since I have seen no announcement here yet and I just received a preliminary
registratoin form, I thought I should post the info I got on this topic. I
suggest that those of you interested, but without this preliminary form,
FAX Erich Gnaiger (number below) with your personal details (name,
address, phone, email, etc.) and the topics you wish to contribute to.

 ========

6th BioThermoKinetics conference,
Schrocken, Austria, 20-24 September 1994

Tentative Topics

1. Bioenergetics and diseases: new diagnostic approaches
2. Integration of nonequilibrium thermodynamics and kinetics
3. Metabolic channnelling and compartmentation
4. Leak, slip and efficiency of energy transformation
5. Metabolic modelling
6. Flux control: time dependent and hierarchical control, self organization
7. Microbial and cellular bioenergetics
8. Ionophoretic fluxes, channels and carriers
9. Molecular mechanisms of biological pumps
10. Molecular evolution and information theory

also

Erwin Schrodinger Symposium: What is negative entropy? 50 years after
Schrodinger's "What is life?" (21 Sept 1994)

Contact address:

Dr. Erich Gnaiger
Dept. Transplant Surgery
Clinical and Interdisciplinary Bioenergetics
University Hospital of Innsbruck
A-6020 Innsbruck
AUSTRIA

FAX: +43 512 504 2605