Proceedings of Biochemical Society meeting

David Fell daf at bms.brookes.ac.uk
Tue Dec 20 10:31:48 EST 1994

At the December meeting of the Biochemical Society, there was a one day
colloquium entitled "The Control of Flux: 21 Years On", marking the time
since the publicaton of the article by Kacser & Burns, and the related
developments by Heinrich & Rapoport that started the field of Metabolic
Control Analysis.

The lectures given at the colloquium will be published in Biochemical
Society Transactions in April 1995.  It will be possible to have reprints of
the colloquium, in their own binder, if sufficient people are interested for
me to place a bulk order.  I would need a minimum of 25 people who would
purchase a copy from me (at cost).  The price cannot be specified exactly at
the moment, but would be around 5 pounds sterling.  For this you would get:
"The Control of Flux" by Kacser & Burns, reprinted in modern terminology,
with additional notes by Kacser & Fell;
PLUS "Molecular biology for flux control coefficients" by Westerhoff,
"Control Analysis of energy metabolism in mitochondria" by Brand, possibly
"Genetic approaches to the control of photosynthesis" by Quick (if ready in
time - not Paul Quick's fault, incidentally), "Probing the properties of
enzymes in vivo using NMR" by Brindle, "Two paradigms of metabolic
engineering applied to amino acid biosynthesis" by Stephanopoulos, and
"Recent developments beyond Metbaolic Control Analysis" by Kacser.

If you are interested, could you email me please (not the btk-mca newsgroup)
stating how many you would want so I can gauge the level of interest?

David Fell,
School of Biological & Molecular Sciences,
Oxford Brookes University,
Oxford OX3 0BP,           Tel. +44 (0)1865 483247
UK                        FAX  +44 (0)1865 484017

daf at bms.brookes.ac.uk