Unipro releases this week a new version of free and opensource UGENE software tool: http://ugene.unipro.ru
Important changes in this major release include:
* DAS support: annotation of amino acid sequences using annotations of its homologs.
* NCBI Genbank search interface: search for DNA and protein sequences in GenBank database with UGENE.
* Bowtie2: use sequencing reads aligner "Bowtie2" from UGENE GUI.
* Multiple Alignment Format: PHYLIP format support added.
* Assembly Format: ACE format is supported by Assembly Browser.
* Workflow Designer: there were a lot of major and minor improvements.
- Common workflow output directory
- History of a workflow runs (in dashboards)
- Debugging workflows and watching of an intermediate data.
YouTube episode about the release: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuT-KOSpB6U