CHLAMYDOMONAS/bionet.chlamydomonas passes: 191 YES, 4 NO.

David Kristofferson kristoff at net.bio.net
Fri Jun 25 15:24:15 EST 1993

The response for CHLAMYDOMONAS/bionet.chlamydomonas was overwhelming.
My apologies for the slight delay in vote counting due to my recent
absence.  We will take steps next week to set the group up.  Please
refrain from requesting subscriptions until you see a message in this
forum saying that the group is ready for operation.

				kristoff at net.bio.net

CHLAMYDOMONAS/bionet.chlamydomonas

e-mail addresses: chlamy at net.bio.net
                  chlamy at daresbury.ac.uk

Discussion leaders:

Elizabeth H. Harris
Department of Botany
Duke University
Durham NC 27708-0338
USA
chlamy at acpub.duke.edu

Antonio R. Franco
Dpto. Bioquimica y Biol. Molecular
Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad de Cordoba
E-14071 Cordoba
SPAIN
bf1rodri at cc.uco.es

Purpose: To facilitate communication among biologists working on, or
interested in, any aspects of the biology of the green alga Chlamydomonas
and related genera.

A series of five international conferences beginning in 1983 and a paper
newsletter that now reaches more than 600 subscribers have fostered a sense
of identity and a spirit of cooperation among the Chlamydomonas community.
As use of electronic communication services has increased, interest has
grown in establishing a computer network by which information can be
rapidly exchanged and announcements made simultaneously to the entire
community.  A bionet.chlamydomonas group will serve this function.

Communications on all aspects of Chlamydomonas biology will be considered
appropriate for this forum, as will discussion of other algae used as
experimental systems, including but not limited to Chlorella, Dunaliella,
Euglena, Scenedesmus, Tetraselmis, and Volvox.  Requests for technical
information, advertisement of postdoctoral fellowships and other employment
opportunities, and announcements of meetings may be posted.  Reports on
progress made in transformation technology and molecular mapping will be
especially welcome.  The Chlamydomonas Genetics Center at Duke University
will post weekly listings of current journal articles pertinent to
Chlamydomonas and notifications of new files available on the Chlamydomonas
gopher server.  Participation and sharing of information by the entire
community is strongly encouraged.