Microbial Germplasm Gopher Site

Joe Hanus hanusj at ava.bcc.orst.edu
Thu Jun 10 18:54:19 EST 1993

If your site has a link to Microbial Germplasm Database Gopher at
Oregon State University you might want to update your link info to

Type=1
Name=Microbial Germplasm Database
Path=1./mgd
Host=ava.bcc.orst.edu
Port=70

Gopher registrar at UMN please note the new address.

Gopher in or telnet to mgd at ava.bcc.orst.edu -- no password required.
We would really appreciate suggestions from biologist and
non-biologist about the way we've arranged things.

MGD is a database of microoganisms (~40,000) and other reproducible genetic
elements that are maintained in research oriented culture collections.
We're concentrating our efforts on collating data on microorganism used
in plant-related research and in agriculture.

We've include several citation indexes on biodiversity, nitrogen
fixation, biocontrol, microbial germplasm, and sustainable
agriculture.  We're also linked to several other gopher's that are
relevant to maintainers of microbial germplasm (some more relevant
than others).  Bionet newsgroups are also available.

We're still experimental, but we're adding data on almost a daily basis.