[Q] Installing SRS5

K. Cuelenaere koenc at caos.kun.nl
Fri May 15 08:53:15 EST 1998

Martin Hilbers wrote:

> srs still has a problem with databases sharing the same format - if you
> try updating a number of such databases (eq embl and emnew) in one
> go, it will only do the srsbuild for the first one, for the second
> it will try the "srsbuild -c" and "srsbuild -m", and try to build
> the links, but without the results of "srsbuild" these obviously fail.
> A workaround for this is to define separate formats for emblnew
> (EMNEW_FORMAT and EmNewFeatures_Format - or something like that)
> These formats are identical to the original ones.
>
> (At least this is what I did on our server)

That's a good workaround Martin. Do you perhaps also know
if something like this can be done:

EMNEW_FORMAT:@EMBL_FORMAT

so using the EMBL_FORMAT (libformat) object for the
creation of the EMNEW_FORMAT object... it doesn't work
this way. Also, I've been trying things like

$ParObj:[name:EMNEW_FORMAT set:($ParObj:[name:EMBL_FORMAT])]

but that didn't work...

so for the moment we've got 4 identical formats defined
(EMBL_FORMAT, EMBL_EST_FORMAT, EMBLNEW_FORMAT, and EMBLNEW_EST_FORMAT)
in embl.i  ... but we can live with that.

Groetjes,
Koen.
Koen Cuelenaere			Email: koenc at caos.kun.nl
CAOS/CAMM Center		Phone: +31 24 3653383
University of Nijmegen		Fax:   +31 24 3652977
Toernooiveld
6525 ED Nijmegen
The Netherlands			URL: http://www.caos.kun.nl/