IUBio Biosequences .. Software .. Molbio soft .. Network News .. FTP

General error or specific for my setup?

Guy Bottu gbottu at ben.vub.ac.be
Wed Jan 10 05:45:03 EST 1996


I have found the cause of the problem at the BEN site : The EMBL has 3
sequences of more than 350000 bases long and from GCG 8.1 on, the way
GCG splits these sequences has changed. To allow SRS to recompose the
sequences, I modified the file srsgeneral.sdl, I replaced

! gcg sequence file
#filetype /ID=%GCGSEQ_FILE
          /typename=seq /maxline=20000
          /begstr=">>>>" /advance=0 /exitstr=">>>>"
          /find=id /iscont="-"

by

! gcg sequence file
#filetype /ID=%GCGSEQ_FILE
          /typename=seq /maxline=20000
          /begstr=">>>>" /advance=0 /exitstr=">>>>"
          /seqtype=gcg8_1

I had not reindexed. Changing srsgeneral.sdl back to its old form
cures the problem of the faulty sequence retrieval, except of course
that the long sequences are not handled well.

I do not know if remaking all the indexes after the change would have
helped (since this takes a whole weekend, I did not try it just now).
I also have no idea if the problem of Christoph Gartmann has the
same cause or is entirely different.

	Guy Bottu




More information about the Bio-srs mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net