SRS Database Descriptions

Reinhard Doelz doelz at comp.bioz.unibas.ch
Thu Mar 23 01:23:17 EST 1995

[ Article crossposted from bionet.software ]
[ Author was Peter Rice ]
[ Posted on 21 Mar 1995 20:35:54 GMT ]

OK, so you can get a status report of the databases out there.

Now, suppose you are intesrested in one of the databases. What do
you do next? How do you find out what it is? Can you install it
locally to get all those new cross-references working?

Well, at the Sanger Centre I have updated the descriptions of all our
databases in the wgetz_text.script file so that, for each database,
there is a decription of the database, access to the SDL file, and a
pointer to where to get the data files.

Just clicking on the "?!" for a database at the Sanger Centre will
give you our full description.

I have put the text up on our FTP server:

URL:	ftp://ftp.sanger.ac.uk/pub/pmr/srs/wgetz_text.script

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at sanger.ac.uk             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ
--
 R.Doelz         Klingelbergstr.70| Tel. x41 61 267 2247  Fax x41 61 267 2078|
 Biocomputing        CH 4056 Basel| electronic Mail    doelz at ubaclu.unibas.ch|