I am familiar with both versions of SRS: command line and HTTP. During my work
with it it became obvious that the features are not identical and that, in fact,
only combination of the two would allow me to get what I want from that program.
The problem that I face is a simple one:
- get out all sequences that contain a signal peptide- only the ACTUAL feature
- put it in GCG and do some things on it.
The troubles are (for command line interface)
- if I do something wrong (like asking FEATURE and PIR- it has no feature field)
the program mercilessly crashes (core dump etc.)
- I cannot do q1-organism and q2-feature
- I cannot do AllText search
- some other minor things
For the HTTP interface:
- I can do all above (except for the q1-organism and q2-feature)
- BUT I cannot save my results in a file. What I want is all my seqs- FEATURES
ONLY- as a file. One can do it in the command line interface but not HTTP.
So, if there is anyone that can help me, please do not hesitate to do so |:)