MolSoft is excited to announce the release of an iPhone and iPad app
that lets you browse protein, DNA, and drug molecules in 3D. The app has
a direct link to the Protein Data Bank (PDB) and DrugBank and has a fast
and easy to use interface. Touching the molecules via the screen allows
you to interact immediately with the 3D structures in a unique way. You
can zoom in and out, rotate, spin, pan, and clip the 3D molecules with
your finger tips in ways that are impossible using a traditional mouse
and desktop computer.
For more details and screenshots see: http://www.molsoft.com/iMolview.html
The key features are:
* Easy to use touch interface.
* A direct link to the Protein Data Bank (PDB) and DrugBank.
* Each molecular view can be customized with a rich set of molecular
representations including: wires, balls-and-sticks, space filling,
ribbon diagrams, and molecular surfaces.
* Zoom in and out, rotate, spin, pan, and clip the 3D molecule.
* A wide selection of coloring schemes is available.
* Color background, color molecule by atom type, chain, N- to C-
terminal, and secondary structure.
* Select residues, atoms, or chains and color or change their
* Select residues in sequence and get the corresponding selection in 3D.
* Select the whole chain by holding the corresponding tab.
* Display fog effect.
* Set 'inertia' to the maximum and let your molecule spin in 3D
* Display residue and site labels for the whole object or selection.
* Direct link to PubMed.
* Read in your own MolSoft ICM *.icb files.
We hope you enjoy using the app and find it useful for your research and
teaching. We welcome any feedback you may have.
Andrew Orry Ph.D.
Senior Research Scientist
11199 Sorrento Valley Road, S209
Tel: 858-625-2000 x108