Wordperfect 11 and Reference Manager 10

Jean-Etienne Poirrier jepoirrier at remove-me-please.ulg.ac.be
Fri Aug 22 11:31:20 EST 2003

Malay Kumar Basu wrote:

> A problem typical of closed source vendors. Take my good advise. Switch
> over to Openoffice. It is actively maintained (Sun) and fantastic.
> Available in all platforms. And has a fabulous reference manager built
> within.
>
> -Malay
>
> PS. Not satisfied? Switch to LaTeX/BibTeX.

Hi Malay,

I quite agree with you. I rather prefer to write my documents in
LaTeX/BibTex (I never got any problem with this couple). The only thing
is that my Ph.D. supervisor wants me to send him documents he can
correct on his (Windows-only) computer. That's why I am obliged to use
Wordperfect and Reference Manager (he has the same softwares). Doing a
quick survey, it seems that Endnote databases can be imported in
Reference Manager and Endnote can parse RTF documents.

Jean-Etienne

PS. OpenOffice.Org is an open source project not maintained by Sun
anymore (Star Office is).