Jarnac is a language for describing and manipulating cellular system models
and can be used to describe metabolic, signal transduction and gene
networks, or in fact any physical system which can be described in terms of
a network and associated flows.
A new version of Jarnac is available at
1. Problems when using edit command to load a new .jan file. After closing
Jarnac, reopening Jarnac
caused a list index out of bounds because the file name was saved under a
slightly altered name.
2. Added new function tau(x) which evaluates: 1/x * ln (1/rnd). Useful for
Gillespie's stochastic simulation algorithm. See stats.jan for details
3. Added new property 'AsMoleules' to network object types. Enables easy
conversion of amounts
in moles to be converts to number of molecules and visa vera. eg
p.AsMolecules ("S1") = 10e12;
4. Added a few useful constants to the math.jan startup file
5. Built-in editor has Drag & Drop enabled, thus one can drag files from,
and drop the file on to the editor panel.
6. Associating jan files with Jarnac now works correctly, double click on a
(once you've associated jan files with Jarnac) and Jarnac will start and
selected file into the built-in editor.
7. Other internal changes, for example, Visual designer has been made more
8. The socket access to the Jarnac server has been changed so that an
much first 'login' to the server - this is simply a security measure, see
docs for details.