IUBio

free energy calculations???

Helge Steen steen at immunbio.mpg.de
Thu May 20 08:07:35 EST 1999

Hi all,

I am not sure whether there is a better place to ask this question, but let's see...

I am urgently looking for a formula/program to calculate the free energy of a
oligonucleotide- DNA template duplex. The problem is that the oligonucleotide
and the template are not completely complementary, but there are single base
exchanges present in the oligo. This situation may f.e. turn up when dealing
with site-directed mutagenesis via PCR. If oligo and template were
complementary, the standard nearest-neighbour calculation would apply. But in
this case?

Any ideas????

Thank you very much,
Helge