IUBio

NEXUS format conversion?

Francis Ouellette francis at CMMT.UBC.CA
Thu May 13 08:57:31 EST 1999

> From: Gabor Toth <gabor at otis.geobio.elte.hu>
> Subject: NEXUS format conversion?
>
> Could you please suggest a program to convert a PAUP/NEXUS format
> alignment file into GenBank or FASTA format? (Preferably on
> UNIX or Windows platform.)

Gabor,

did you have a look at Sequin from NCBI? I think it will do what you
want.  see: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Sequin/

Sequin reads Nexus format and can out put GenBank, EMBL, FASTA (and
'graphical, and its own 'alignment' format, as well as in ASN.1
format).

cheers,

f.

--
| B.F. Francis Ouellette                     tel: (604) 875-3815  |
| Director, Bioinformatics Core Facility     fax: (604) 875-3840  |