IUBio

Calculating coefficient of inbreeding

James Petts jpetts at celltech.co.uk
Mon May 10 07:52:48 EST 1999

Hello All

Does anybody have an algorithm or some code for calculating the
coefficient of inbreeding, prefereable using Wright's formula, but
Emik and Terrel's method would also be appreciated. The overall
efficiency of the algorithm is not of paramount importance, as I have
two fairly meaty servers to throw at this code, and I only have a
population of some 10000 individuals with a maximum of 14 generations.

If anybody has code in any (common :-) language, or just a paper
algorithm I would very much appreciate it.

Looking forward to hearing for you all...

James Petts