IUBio

postscript -> GIF converter for UNIX

Reece Kimball Hart reece at tallac.watson.ibm.com
Tue May 4 13:38:48 EST 1999

CK> Does anyone know of a commandline postscript-to-GIF converter for UNIX
CK> that gives decent results? We use program called 'convert' at the
CK> moment, but the quality of the resulting GIFs is variable and sometimes
CK> truly atrocious.

ImageMagick is a good Swiss Army knife for image manipulation.  See
  http://www.wizards.dupont.com/cristy/ImageMagick.html

Installation with support for all possible graphics formats is tiresome,
but the resulting utilities will do just about anything you need.
Binaries are available for many platforms.

--
Reece Hart, http://www.research.ibm.com/people/r/reece, PGP:0xD178AAF9