IUBio

.mol to .gif converter

Bernard P. Murray, PhD bpmurray*STUFFER* at socrates.ucsf.edu
Fri Mar 12 18:34:10 EST 1999

In article <7cc2ff$4gq$1 at nnrp1.dejanews.com>, wbjones at msn.com wrote:

> Is there a 'command-line' utility to convert .mol files to .gif files (with a
> view of the compound structure of course).  Thanks.
>                                               Bill

It depends what a .MOL file is (which format?).  If it is
one of the formats that RasMol can read you can write
a script to save it as a .GIF file and then run this
from the command line.  If I recall correctly the
normal version of RasMol doesn't allow saving a
.GIF file as part of a script so I had to edit the
source and recompile (no problems).

You are somewhat self-contradictory in that you
ask for a command-line program and yet want to
see the molecule.  Hopefully RasMol would give
you the best of both worlds.

     Good luck,
          Bernard
--