IUBio

GDE on Linux

Brian Fristensky frist at cc.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 11 18:32:08 EST 1999

Alan Williams wrote:

> I have been setting up some molbio software on several linux machines and
> have several questions regarding GDE:
>
> First off, I am using GDE 2.2.
>
> I have noticed an anoying bug when cutting and pasting whole sequences.
> On the second cut the program crashes.  Has anyone else encountered this
> bug? Any fixes?

This occurs in GDE on Solaris also.
> Less important: Has anyone put together some good .GDEmenus (and any
> necessary scripts) for interfacing to alscript, phylip, clustal, tacg, ... ?
> Any menu segments would be appreciated.  What every I come up with in
> the end I will make available here.

The BIRCH system has a very comprehensive set of .GDEmenus,
along with csh scripts that run many of the programs,
allowing you to use most functions for each program.
See:

http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~psgendb/index.html#SOFTWARE

> Thanks,
> Alan Williams

Brian Fristensky                |  What a vast abyss
Department of Plant Science     |  can separate falutist from cadenza
played,
University of Manitoba          |  huffing maker from the vial made,
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |  the lover and the kiss.
frist at cc.umanitoba.ca           |
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |    Phyllis Janowitz (1996)
FAX:            204-261-5732    |    His Apologia Pro Ratiocination
http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~frist/  THE LAUREL REVIEW 30(1)