IUBio

publication quality alignments w/Motifs?

Jonathan Epstein Jonathan_Epstein at nih.gov
Tue Mar 9 09:48:24 EST 1999

Hi,

What do people out there use for producing publication-quality multiple
alignments?

In particular, I need to highlight some Motifs, and also should some
discontinuity in some of the sequences, where I don't want to show
hundreds of residues of uninteresting sequence.

I have a PC on my desk, and have access to numerous Unix hosts,
including one using GCG.  In a pinch, I can use a Mac running MacVector.

I need to get these diagrams out quickly, so am especially interested in
freeware and/or time-bombed demos.

I understand that Vector NTI is pretty well thought of these days for
Windoze users.  Does the demo version have the sorts of capabilities
which I mention?

TIA,

- Jonathan