IUBio

MolBio OS?

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 3 21:49:00 EST 1999

On Wed, 03 Mar 1999 15:16:11 -0800,
    Bernard P. Murray, PhD (bpmurray*STUFFER*@socrates.ucsf.edu) wrote:

For an "OS-war", your thoughts were stated very objectively!

>There don't appear to be any good cheap PC equivalents
>of DNA Strider (GeneRunner was getting there before
>it disappeared) or MacPlasMap (although I do like
>Plasmid Processor).

For what its worth, DNA Strider (v 1.2) does run under
Executor/Linux and Executor/DOS.

And if you currently use a multi-boot Linux/Win32 system, take
a look at VMWare, which is due to debut at LinuxWorld.  They
claim to run Linux and NT *concurrently*.
http://www.vmware.com

Later,
Ashok
--