IUBio

MolBio OS?

Andreas Milton milton at san.rr.com
Tue Mar 2 23:40:38 EST 1999

Actually I have experience with many OSes, but I am trying to make a decision
that impacts a large group of people.  I want to accommodate all the
essential applications used in Molecular Biology.  The problem I'm having is
that  this field tends to be Mac and unix based.  However, my gut feeling is
to go with Microsoft products because of the global acceptance of the windows
environment.

I understand that file formats are text based... and while that does make the
migration of data quite seamless,  I am still having a problem researching
what platforms people prefer in the lab...  I prefer Linux and Netscape....
but I want to make an unbiased decision.

---thanks for your assistance.

Jeff