IUBio

MolBio OS?

Justin Powell jacp1 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 09:23:16 EST 1999

Our lab is planning to obtain a new computer for doing bioinformatics
work, currently we use our own macs and unix boxes belonging to the
department.  We do mainly homology searches, protein motif searches,
function prediction and possibly some structural prediction.
It seems to me that the main determinant in our decision is is there any
software which we are likely to want to use in future which needs a unix
box to run on, or is everything available over the web these days?

Justin Powell