IUBio

Mac applications that let you enter sequences verbally?

CSC un691cs at genius.embnet.dkfz-heidelberg.de
Fri Jun 25 07:55:35 EST 1999

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Richard P. Grant wrote:

> Strikes me that a better solution might be to use a scanner and write a
> macro for NIH-Image to track automagically.  Of course, you then have the
> problem of resolving bands that are close together, or bendy, but you get
> that manually anyway.

> Comments?

yeah uhm well. Similar scanners started appearing a couple of years back,
but have since disappeared. It simply isn't the method of choice,
error-prone and cumbersome. I find the idea for voice recognition still
the most apealing, especially with only four letters the error code
must be pretty low.

But perhaps you can find an older 'scanner' under the cobwebs.

Kind regards,

Clemens Suter-Crazzolara, PhD

********************* Genius - The German EMBnet Node *******************
* HUSAR              German Cancer Research Center DKFZ        European *
* W2H-GCG            Dept. Molecular Biophysics (H0200)            Data *
*                    INF 280, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany        Resource *
*                      phone ++49 6221-4223-42 fax -33                  *