IUBio

help!!!!

Alexander Garcia acad at ACCEFYN.ORG.CO
Sun Nov 1 13:32:31 EST 1998

--------------100C0FAB0E8E2BC4D7203857

The problem is that I am using ISO 9660, and that after recording  on to
the CD and setting the cd so it can be read by any cd rom driver and
intering it in to the usual cd rom driver it only reads some files, not
all of them for example it does not alow me to read the netscape
instalator wich is big, but does not allow me to read a pdb file of only
2k or an html file of only 5k!!!!! please let me know if this is a
software problem, I do not think it is a hardware problem because it
reads some files, perhaps if I use another software for burning the
cds.... where can I download this software? cheers

Piotr Kozbial wrote:

> DirectCD writes ISO-9660 rev 3  CD-ROMs. This is why not all CD-ROM
> drivers are able to read it. You need multisession, multiread CD-ROM
> drive (other CD-ROM drives will occasionally fail reading big files
> from
> CDs burned with DirectCD). You can make your CD-ROM ISO 9660  by
> copying
> it (you will need multiread CD-ROM). I think that EasyCD burns ISO
> 9660
> CD-ROMs, but you have to write the whole CD-ROM at once.
>
> Hope this helps.
> Piotr
>
> P.S. Maybe you will get better answers posting to alt.cd-rom or
> alt.comp.periphs.cdr
> You can search www.dejanews.com i.e. -
> http://www.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY
> 7200+DirectCD&defaultOp=AND&LNG=ALL&ST=QS&svcclass=dnold&DBS=2
>
> ALEX GARCIA wrote:
> >
> > I am using a HP cd writer plus (7200 series) and I am having a lot
> of
> > troubles!!!!! lots of lots of troubles, I save in a cd using the cd
> > writer, save lets say for example the netscape installator and some
> pdb
> > files in a new CD, everything seems to be ok until there, I try to
> read
> > the cd with my cd rom and then troubles start!!! does not allow me
> > copy the netscape installator in the hd form the usual cd rom device
> but
> > if I try to do it from the cd writer it works just fine, the problem
>
> > only presents with some files, the netscape installator for example,
> or
> > some pdb files, not all of pdb just some of them, what can I do?
> please
> > mail me ASAP

--------------100C0FAB0E8E2BC4D7203857

<HTML>
The problem is that I am using ISO 9660, and that after recording&nbsp;
on to the CD and setting the cd so it can be read by any cd rom driver
and intering it in to the usual cd rom driver it only reads some files,
not all of them for example it does not alow me to read the netscape instalator
wich is big, but does not allow me to read a pdb file of only 2k or an
html file of only 5k!!!!! please let me know if this is a software problem,
I do not think it is a hardware problem because it reads some files, perhaps
if I use another software for burning the cds.... where can I download
this software? cheers

<P>Piotr Kozbial wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>DirectCD writes ISO-9660 rev 3&nbsp; CD-ROMs. This
is why not all CD-ROM
<BR>drivers are able to read it. You need multisession, multiread CD-ROM
<BR>drive (other CD-ROM drives will occasionally fail reading big files
from
<BR>CDs burned with DirectCD). You can make your CD-ROM ISO 9660&nbsp;
by copying
<BR>it (you will need multiread CD-ROM). I think that EasyCD burns ISO
9660
<BR>CD-ROMs, but you have to write the whole CD-ROM at once.

<P>Hope this helps.
<BR>Piotr

<P>P.S. Maybe you will get better answers posting to alt.cd-rom or
<BR>alt.comp.periphs.cdr
<BR>You can search www.dejanews.com i.e. -
<BR><A HREF="http://www.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=7200+DirectCD&defaultOp=AND&LNG=ALL&ST=QS&svcclass=dnold&DBS=2">http://www.dejanews.com/dnquery.xp?QRY=7200+DirectCD&amp;defaultOp=AND&amp;LNG=ALL&amp;ST=QS&amp;svcclass=dnold&amp;DBS=2</A>

<P>ALEX GARCIA wrote:
<BR>>
<BR>> I am using a HP cd writer plus (7200 series) and I am having a lot
of
<BR>> troubles!!!!! lots of lots of troubles, I save in a cd using the
cd
<BR>> writer, save lets say for example the netscape installator and some
pdb
<BR>> files in a new CD, everything seems to be ok until there, I try to
read
<BR>> the cd with my cd rom and then troubles start!!! does not allow me
<BR>> copy the netscape installator in the hd form the usual cd rom device
but
<BR>> if I try to do it from the cd writer it works just fine, the problem
<BR>> only presents with some files, the netscape installator for example,
or
<BR>> some pdb files, not all of pdb just some of them, what can I do?
please
<BR>> mail me ASAP</BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;&nbsp;</HTML>