Informix / Oracle Data Base Administrator
Senior Member of the Online Development Team of engineers
responsible for developing software for Encyclopaedia Britannica's (EB)
suite of online products. These products currently are: Britannica
Internet Guide (www.ebig.com), a unique, proprietary search engine that
enables richer, and more refined searches on the Internet, and
Britannica On Line (www.eb.com), the Internet equivalent of
Encyclopaedia Britannica's print set. It will be the responsibility of
Online Development Team Members to architect, design, develop, and
implement new online, interactive products, as well as enhance the
current products. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Works with senior development staff to design overall database
* Works with senior development staff to create and maintain schema
* Responsible for user support and report technology related to the
* Perform and manage the process of data migration.
* Perform conceptual and physical database design.
* Responsible for the table space management.
* Responsible for the database performance and problem resolution.
* Responsible for the disaster recovery plan for the database(s).
Summary of Qualifications
Education and training requirements include a BSCS
or equivalent (advanced degree a plus). At least two to five years of
experience with physical and logical design of relational databases is
required. Skills and knowledge requirements include:
* Experience with formal software development processes and methods for
measuring product quality resulting from process.
* SQL programming.
* Stored Procedures (the creation and maintenance).
* Experience with Database replication.
* Experience with Internet/Web Site development (HTML, CGI, Java, TCL,
* Informix DBA Tools and ERWIN experience would be a definite plus.
* Software programming experience (especially, UNIX, C, C++) is a plus.
This position is part of a New Team being formed for New Online/Internet
Product Development. Get involved in this exciting work and a
ground-floor opportunity for growth and recognition. Contact us Today!
Required Skills: SQL, Informix (preferred), Unix, C++
Desired Skills: Perl, tcl/tk, ERWIN, HTML, CGI, Perl
Soft Skills: Must have experience in both logical and physical design of
databases. Excellent communications skills are required.
Visit our Job site at:
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full-Time Employee (no contract positions available).
Pay Rate: Very! Competitive
Location: Chicago, IL - 60604
Contact: Encyclopaedia Britannica
E-mail: staffing at eb.com