IUBio

Are there smaller versions of Genbank or Swiss-prot?

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Sat May 18 03:41:53 EST 1996

Perhaps you want to try the Internet service SRS-Fasta, which lets you select
subsets of Genbank & Swiss-Prot with the powerful SequenceRetrievalSoftware,
such as all those refering to bacteria (though the subset may well be
redundant), then use FastA to do a similarity search on that subset.

Take a look at http://iubio.bio.indiana.edu:81/srsfasta/
if you like.

-- d.gilbert--biocomputing--indiana u--bloomington--gilbertd at bio.indiana.edu