IUBio

Software for strain collections

SL Forsburg susan_forsburg at qm.salk.edu
Tue May 7 13:16:11 EST 1996

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Sigur=F0ur E. Vilhelmsson?= wrote:

> >FilemakerPro (Claris) is a good one, but I am not sure if it does the
> >formating you need.
> Yup, it does

We use Filemaker pro for our lab collections.  Due to a number of
requests, we made a template from our yeast collection,
a binhexed Mac file called strains.hqx which
you can access  by anonymous ftp to flosun.salk.edu in the
directory /pub/mac/
or from the web through our technical page
http://flosun.salk.edu/~forsburg/plasmids.html
This might be of help if you have Filemaker and are just
getting started.  Feel free, of course, to change it around!
It should be easy to modify for a number of collection types.

susan

--
Susan L Forsburg PhD
MBVL, The Salk Institute