IUBio

curve-fit software?

Jeffrey A. Messer jamesser at christa.unh.edu
Mon Mar 4 07:36:48 EST 1996

Michael L. Doyle wrote:

> I am in search of a user friendly software program for curve-fitting and
> plotting.  Would like to fit with MULTIPLE independent variables
> simultaneously.  Would also like to be able to define parts of complex
> functions on separate lines.
>
> Any advice?   Thanks much.

Microcal Software's Origin is probably what you are looking for.  It has a
large number of pre-defined fitting functions.  You can also enter your own
fitting functions without much problem, although it is rather slow.  The
latest version that I have used is 4.0.  It is a 16-bit Windows program and
runs comfortably on a dx2-66 with 8mb.  A 32-bit version is due out soon, this
may improve the speed of the user-defined fitting functions.  They probably
have a web site, but here is the Letter Head:

	Microcal Software, Inc.
	One Roundhouse Plaza
	Northhampton, MA 01060 USA
	(800)969-7720